Children are very active and always finding a means to keep busy. This is an encouraging trend considering that kids need all that activeness to develop mentally, physically, psychologically and also improve on social behaviors needed in human interaction.
As a parent, they are an array of toys to choose from in order to help this developing process. And while some toys may not be the all-round answer to total child development, others are. When we talk about all-round development, we are referring to scooters.
Defining a Kick scooter
A kick scooter is a toy-like vehicle meant for kids. It comprises a low foot-board with two small wheels and a handle bar sticking out from it. The scooter is steered by the handlebar and set into motion by pushing one foot on the ground while the other is placed on the footboard.
The distinguishing thing about scooters is that they are convenient, portable and encourages active sports for your kids while having a fun-field day. They can be used at the parks, recreation centers, sidewalks and inside the compound. Scooters are fairly safe to use and allow children control it at their own pace.
So, what are the benefits of scooters for children?
- Scooter provides excitement and fun for your kids: The whole process of pushing and running with a scooter is exciting. The rush of wind and the laughter that resound while they play with this vehicle is priceless. What’s more, it is adapted with different shapes and design to suit the age bracket of every kid
- It helps them to develop balance and strong hold on the ground: scooter help your kids learn how to balance while moving or running. It is good for children who are still trying to balance their feet on the ground, they can get life-long lessons that helps them in other future activities like cycling.
- Helps children to build confidence: Also, as they ride overtime, mastery develops and they develop the confidence to manipulate the scooters effectively. It also teaches them to be self-dependent while they ‘paddle’.
- Scooters help kids work on coordination, endurance, and overall strength: Of course, with scooters, kids learn to be coordinated as they ride so that they don’t trip and fall. It teaches them endurance as they slide and move with the help of both feet. All these build up their strength and stamina for years to come.
- Helps kids inculcate a sense of safety: Safety precautions such as helmet and kneepad are required while your kids drive a scooter. As they are consistently pushed and reminded to put on this gear, overtime a sense of safety will be inculcated in them and they become aware that they need to protect themselves during all sporting activities such as biking and driving.
- It has health benefits: Scooter in itself is a very active ‘toy’. As children run around driving one, they are exercising their body, toning their muscles, building their stamina and increasing their heart pumping rate. All work and no play is not good for a growing child, so ensuring that they play outdoor with their scooter makes them vibrant and active all year round.
- It helps children develop social interaction abilities and teamwork: As they play at the parks with children from other background, they sharpen their social communication tool, and build a strong sense of togetherness, teamwork and tolerance.
Like we have said earlier, getting your child a kick scooter means getting him a toy that provides an all-round development; its benefits, as outlined above are worth every penny you would purchase in obtaining one.